Ok... well not really. I KNOW that she will eventually come out. I know that if she doesn't do it on her own she will be delivered by cesarean on the 19th. I know that is only 2 weeks from today. I know that's only 14 more days. But seriously!!!!! I cannot take this craziness of not knowing if what I am feeling is somethinig going on.
I have been having cramping and back pain for a while now. But today it just felt "different" I can't explain what that means... it just felt different. I chalked it all up to just normal "stuff" going on to get this baby moving. That was until I got up to use the restroom and when I looked in the mirror and saw that I was leaking breastmilk thru my dress. Ok... so my milk never came in with Lorelei. NEVER. I pumped for 2 weeks, every 2-3 hours trying to get it to come in and it never did. So you can only imagine how shocked and FREAKED out I was when I saw this. I called my sister and asked what the heck was going on?!?!?!? She suggested that I call the Dr. asap because with the cramping AND the leaking she thought for sure today was the day.
I know that the Dr. is there to call and talk to about all this stuff and to make sure everything is ok. But I REALLY hate calling my Dr. I just feel like "that girl" who calls and then they all go "oh geesh it's Julaine again!!" But I did it... I called. And of course they said to come in. So... I drive the 30 minutes there the whole time thinking "OMG is today REALLY the day???" I get there and the first thing they tell me is the leaking is normal. Ok... well why didn't ya'll tell me that on the phone? Then they hook me up to the monitors and the nurse comes in and says the baby looks great and I am contracting so the Dr. will want to check me. I'm thinking ok yippy!
Then the midwife walks in and tells me the baby looks great, and I'm NOT contracting. um ok? so what the heck are all these pains, cramps, etc. So she checks me just to make sure nothing is going on. Yep... nothing. No change since Monday's appointment.
So yeah... I give up! I clearly have no clue what real labor pains feel like. So now I am going to be "that girl" that ends up rushing to the hospital with no time for an epi because I waited too long because I didn't want to call the Dr. AGAIN!
2 comments:
come on stella.....we are waiting for you!!!!!! plus you have a really cool sister and brother who want to see you!!!
Ur cracking me up right now. My two cents? Call the doctor night and day whenever you want, this is your life, your body, your baby, they are here to help and not judge! She will be here soon, I doubt you make 2 wks, sounds like your body is making the transition. Good luck, stay positive, and can't wait to see her.
Post a Comment