Monday July 11th started off the morning like any other regular day, but quickly turned into a dark and stormy morning. We get our fair share of summer storms here, with gusty winds and pouring rain, so when it started to downpour and the winds picked up Lorelei and I sat on the couch for a while watching the trees sway. Then it got bad. Fast. Trying not to frighten her I just picked her up and took her and the dog to our bathroom and waited it out the storm. The power went out almost immediatly and for a Scentsy rep, finding a candle to light the bathroom was sort of a hard thing to do. Within about 30 minutes the storm was done. We came out of the bathroom to see if any trees had went down in our yard. Much to my surprise there weren't any. Some branches here and there and lots of leaves on the ground, but no trees! Yeah! I thought! And then figured the power would be back on soon. This was 8.30am. By noon it wasn't restored and it was getting hot in the house. We didn't have much to eat for lunch either so Lorelei and I snacked on stuff and figured we'd just have Nick bring us dinner. When I talked to him tho at 4.30pm he said nothing in town had power and wasn't sure where we'd get dinner from. We found a place in the next town over to eat a quick dinner and then went to a friends house to shower. By the time we returned home that evening the house temp read 87 degrees. The air was still and humid and miserable. No fans, no lights, no breeze. Needless to say I didn't sleep much that first night. The next day was pretty much the same thing... hot and sticky and miserable. My in-laws came and brought us dinner and some ice water for the evening that night and thankfully mothernature was being kind to us because the temp dropped about 20 degrees that night and we were all able to sleep! Wednesday was the same thing... Thursday was the same thing... Friday was the same thing... Are you starting to see the pattern here? By Saturday I had really REALLY had enough!!! It was getting hot again and still no power. No water. No bathrooms. All our food was lost. We were all tired, hot, sweaty, grumpy and in desperate need of just having things back to normal!!! When FINALLY the power was restored at 3.30pm.
It was a LONG week to say the least. We all tried to make the most of it, but seriously at almost 9 months pregnant being without power in the middle of the summer just flat out SUCKS!
1 comment:
I could not even imagine! Glad you made it.
Post a Comment