Tuesday, February 07, 2012

She loves this thing!


I don't think I've really shared the story behind this walker on here... if I have forgive me for repeating.
One day last fall Lorelei was outside helping her dad rake leaves. I was at the kitchen counter doing dishes. We have a window that looks out over the front yard and the roads in our subdivision. There is a house across the street and over a little ways that had a few baby things out at the curb. A car seat (which is totally against the law to throw away or put out for someone to take) an exersaucer, and a walker. We had an exersaucer with Lorelei and she hated it and I hated it so we got rid of it and had decided we'd go with a jumparoo thing this time around (what Stella got for Christmas) anyway... the walker thing was in good shape as far as I could see from the house and I was planning to go by and take a look at it. That was until I see my 4.5 year old walking across the street carrying it! At the same time out of corner of my eye I see my husband in the back yard... totally oblivious to the fact that Lorelei is walking in the middle of a busy road in our subdivision carrying a baby walker! I run outside and run into the road to get her. She gets all excited when she sees me and says "look! I think Stella is gonna LOVE this!!!!!!!!" Before I can even get a grip on what she is saying I tell her that she is not to walk across the street no matter what by herself! Then thanked her and said we'd clean it up and see how her sister liked it when she got a little bigger.
Well.... She LOVES it.

No comments: