Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Helmets...

I went back and forth on whether or not I was even going to blog about this but I feel like I need to get it off my chest and out there. And no one reads this blog anymore anyway...so I will pour my heart out on here.

We had Stella's 4 month well check today and while we were there we talked about lots of things - all positive things like how smart and strong she is and how big she's gotten. Then casually and sort of nonchalantly I said "oh and my husband is freaked out that Stella's head is misshaped". Totally expecting her to go "Oh it's fine, tell him there is nothing at all to be worried about!" Instead she examined her little noggin thoroughly and then said she wanted to bring in another Dr. to take a look. So the other Dr. comes in and tells me that while she's not overly worried right now she does want her to be evaluated at her 6 month appointment in February. She said sometimes by 6 months they round out on their own, but if hers isn't by then they will set us up with a Cranial Specialist to get her evaluated for a helmet. I literally thought I was going to cry right there. I don't know why it's upsetting me so much. But I hope and pray that she doesn't need one.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

My little nephew is about it get one. If she has to get one she will be so cute wearing it!

The Denny Family said...

Thank you Kimberly. I don't know why I am so freaked out about it, but I will continue to pray that she'll be just fine - with or without it! :)

Amy said...

She will look adorabele Julaine, no matter what. She is still a beautiful, happy, wonderful little girl and most importanttly healthy. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Robertson Family said...

I would have felt the same way. But as I always tell my husband (a big worrier) why think about what might happen? Try to stay focused on the good things.