For the past 2.5 years we have shared our bed with Lorelei. It all started when a bad storm came thru and she got really scared. We thought it was just going to be a temporary thing, but every time we tried to move her back to her bed it was a complete meltdown. I read book after book after book on how to get her out of our bed and back into her own and nothing we tried worked. I kept telling myself "she won't be in here forever...she won't be in here forever!" Then I thought for sure when Stella was born that she would want to sleep in her room because the baby would keep her up. Well wouldn't ya know we were blessed with a super sleeper and Stella never cried in the night to wake her up, and has been sleeping thru the night since six weeks old. Then I thought for sure when we moved Stella in to their room that Lorelei would follow and want to be in there with her... Nope didn't happen.
Then one day at the dinner table after a horrible nights sleep by all of us getting kicked in the face, tossing and turning and a very grumpy and tired mom and daughter I said to her... "if you want to continue to sleep in our room that is fine, but you have to sleep on the floor and I will make you a little bed there ok?" and much to my surprise she said YES!
It has been a full week that she's been sleeping on the floor and she has woken up in such a better mood! No more tossing and turning from anyone. And I get to snuggle up to my husband in our own bed! We're all happy campers around here these days!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment