It's been 4.5 years since we had a newborn in this house and there are a few things that I had forgotten what comes along with having a newborn in the house. Along with a few new things too.
1. A new found love for my husband. He is amazing with our children and seeing his face light up when he holds our new daughter, or snuggles with our oldest makes my heart melt.
2. A love that I never knew I had in me. I know everyone always says when you have another baby you will have enough love to go around. You cannot fully understand that until you have another child. I had my doubts that I could ever love anyone as much as I love Lorelei. Amazingly tho I have this overwhelming love for Stella that I never knew was in my heart. It is a wonderful feeling.
3. Seeing a 4.5 year old grow into her role as the Big Sister. She has taken the job very seriously and helps out in every way possible. We have nicknamed her "poop inspector" because she wants to help change diapers and inspect them to make sure everything is OK with her sister. She sings to her, plays her guitar for her, has talked to her about Christmas and the Easter Bunny, she has fed her, burped her, held her and loved her. She has also told her that she will always be her best friend.
4. The completion of our family. I feel like since she has come into our life our family is complete. We may not live in a mansion, we may not have a million dollars, we may not drive fancy cars, but what we do have is LOVE. And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment