I am a mix of emotions today. Some of the things I can put into words that I am feeling are:
excited
nervous
anxious
scared
worried
happy
ready (i think)
The rest of the feelings I'm have I can't quiet explain. While I want to be so done being pregnant, at the same time I am sad at the fact that I know this is our last baby. I will never again walk around sporting this big belly that I have grown so proud of. I will never again experience the joy of seeing that positive pregnancy test, or seeing that bean on the ultrasound screen for the first time. I know that I'm trading all of that for a lot of firsts to come with Stella and I'm trying to remember that, and that brings me to the next set of emotions that I'm feeling.
I am so anxious to see her, meet her, and watch her grow into a little person all her own. I wonder what she'll look like (I've had dreams for months which I'm sure are WAY off! she will look just like Lorelei who looked just like her dad when born) I wonder what her personality will be like. Will she be high maintenance like Lorelei (it's ok to say that when she herself admits it right?? :) or will she be mellow and laid back? Will she sleep at night? In her own bed? Or will we need to invest in a Cal-King?
I'm worried about surgery and the recovery afterwards. My c/section with Lorelei was a "piece of cake". I had really no troubles at all. I was up and about walking by the next morning, and had a pretty easy recovery all in all. But it was just me and Nick then (and Buster but he was younger and not so weird as he has been lately with running off and such). This time I have a 4.5 year old to take care of, a neurotic dog that keeps running away, and worry it will be too much. I am grateful to have my family coming in to help this time around. I know I'm going to need it.
And so for now... I just need to get through today. By this time tomorrow our Stella will be here in our arms.
Stay tuned. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment