Friday, February 26, 2010

Magic Tubes

Lorelei did great for her tube surgery. She wasn't scared. She wasn't worried. She was more excited about the cool hospital gown and funky socks they gave her to wear. I was scared though. And I was worried. That's who I am. I'm a natural worrier...
They wheeled her back and turned to me and told me "you can't go any further...." I kissed her forehead and told her I would see her in a few minutes. She was already a little out of it from the medicine they'd given her 20 minutes earlier so when she went to ask me why?... it was more like a "whhaayok" and a little smile. I turned and burst into tears.
We sat in the waiting room... I nervously played with my phone, drank a cup of coffee, came back and as I walked past the receptionist desk I heard the lady on the other side so "ok, I will let Lorelei's parents know." I stopped. She was done. And she was fine.
Dr. said both her ears were infected but the procedure went perfect and that they'd be bringing her to us in just a few minutes.
I could hear her screaming and crying and yelling out "I want my MOMMMMMMMMA" and I had to wait until they brought her to me. As soon as she saw me she smiled, stopped crying for a moment and then went completely into total hysterics for a good 45 minutes. They tell me this is completely normal for small children when they come out from being under. But I had no idea it would be as bad as it was.
Once she calmed down we got her dressed, and left... she asked for Chicken nuggets and French fries but it was only 10.15 so we compromised on pancakes and hashbrowns... she fell asleep just as they handed the bag to Nick.
Since then things have been great... no problems. Well at least not with her ears.









1 comment:

The Pirsein Family said...

She looks in good spirits here, showing off her little gown and socks of course!!