Do you make New Year resolutions? I almost always do. But within a few weeks.... some sadly enough just a few days, are broken. This year though I have two that are very important to me and I am going to try hard each and every day to stick with them.
1. To be a better wife.
Now before anyone who reads this blog (which I'm not even sure anyone ever does anymore...) goes thinking that things are bad between Nick and I, that could not be further from the truth. 2008 and the beginning of 2009 were bad for us, but somewhere along the way in 2009 things became good again. We remembered what it was like to put US first, to make the most of what we have, and to not dwell on what we don't. That is a hard thing to do. The moment that we had Lorelei our life changed, as it's supposed to... but I put her first and foremost above and beyond EVERYTHING else in my life. Myself, my husband, my job, everything. While I do believe that is how it is supposed to be, afterall a baby is a helpless little human being that you brought into this world and you need to take care of 100% of the time, you still need to save some love for your husband. This is where I fell short. I admit it. He is a grown man and can take care of himself. Lorelei NEEDED me. But alas he NEEDED me too. And so in 2010 I will continue to become a better wife and things will become great again.
2. To be healthier and thinner.
This really goes back to putting Lorelei above and beyond everything in my life. Including my health and my weight. I only gained 20lbs when I was pregnant with her and lost most of it right after I had her... The problem began just a few months later when I realized that I was still eating like I was pregnant. I had quit smoking, turned 30 and had a baby and my body was clearly not the 20 something body it used to be. The weight came back fast, and more, and was harder and harder and harder to take off. Add stress, fighting, changing jobs THREE times in 2 years, and I am were I am today. And so in 2010 I WILL lose the weight I have put on and I WILL become healthier because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment